If you’re anything like me, you’re all about positivity when things are looking up for you. On the other hand when shit doesn’t play out the way you want it to, it’s easy to get super emotional and even trapped into your negative thoughts, convincing yourself that you really just don’t have what it takes to succeed.
For years, I’ve conditioned myself to believe that I am not good enough at basically everything. I’d compare myself to others; while most kids had idols that they aspired to be like I would naturally think I could never be like that person or do something just as great. This is something I never really shared with anyone else, I just kind of lived in my own head.
I'm learning that once you begin to start telling yourself this story over and over again, it becomes your truth- your belief system, and your beliefs will dictate whether or not you become the person you want to be and live the life you desire.
I believe that once you understand that a belief is just a thought that you keep thinking over and over again, you can become more conscious of those negative thoughts and begin replacing them with positive thoughts instead.
Did you write that down?"
Learning to control both my negative thoughts and emotions is literally the biggest challenge of my life and I say that because I am learning that I’ve been standing in my own way for all of this time by vibrating at a low frequency. When you think a ( + or - ) thought, it activates a ( + or - ) vibration and the law of attraction kicks in. So you can see how if you keep thinking shitty thoughts, the universe will continue to bless you with like-minded events because like attracts like. You get back, what you put out.
That said, up until a couple of weeks ago my faith in myself and the Universe has never been stronger. It’s weird that after all of these years, something just clicked. It could be the fact that I got fired from a startup that I believed was the start of a career, an opportunity that would help me grow as a professional and provide stability.
Now whether I attracted this outcome to me because at times I was a little afraid of failing in this new environment or the fact that the CEO was just a lying prick, either way I believe that it was a setup from a Higher Power because that loss is what prompted me to finally take action on my own business. Otherwise I probably wouldn’t be writing this post right now. Plus, I learned plenty of new skills that I can now apply to my own business which is cool.
Now, I’ve always felt that there was something special about me despite my negative mindset. That’s why I never give up on myself no matter how long it takes for me to master my mind and energy. Deep down I really feel like I am meant to help others who are just like me move out from a place of fear and into faith by sharing my truth.
I am learning that when you operate more from a space of faith, you’ll start to trust and believe in whatever it is you want to manifest even if it doesn’t necessarily exist in the physical world quite yet, as opposed to focusing on the absence of all the things that you really want. If your thoughts are in opposition to what you want, you are resisting all the great things that are meant for you.
Naturally if you think negatively, you are going to feel just as bad and that energy being released is going to come back to you in the form of anything that can go wrong like financial loss, illness, missed opportunities, etc. That is why you feel like nothing is changing, you keep creating the same reality by using the same thought patterns. You have to switch up your dusty ass energy.
Whether you believe it or not, your energy is always creating for you so you might as well switch up your vibrations because everything you have been doing up to this point has not worked for you. You wouldn’t be reading this far if it has. There are no shortcuts to this and while your mind will tell you at first that this won’t work for you, take control of the steering wheel.Every successful person says the same exact shit, they are no different than you except for their MINDSET. You will have to practice taking control over that little bitch voice inside that focuses on everything that is going wrong and distract yourself with positive thoughts such as how it will feel when you finally overcome this shit storm. If not, you will continue to block your own blessings.
Practice What You Preach
Take a piece of paper and divide it into two columns. List every single negative thought that you have on the left side of the column. On the right side, write down the same thought in positive form. Use each positive affirmation you created to replace it’s negative counterpart.
So for an example if you are thinking, “I am never going to get to where I want to be,” override it with “I am exactly where I need to be right now and I know that I will get exactly to where I want to be.” To dive deeper ask yourself why do you even feel this way to begin with? What is triggering this thought? Write it down.
9 times out of 10 you will find the underlying insecurity and if it’s within your control you can take take action on fixing the problem. Why do you feel that you won’t be successful? Is it because you are not taking action? You can take control by devising a plan and following through.
If it’s something out of your control, like not being able to afford a team to relieve you from some of your responsibilities because it’s not in your budget right now then you will need to learn how to adjust your attitude towards the problem. Revisit this often.
No worries, you can do this. Becoming aware of your shadow self will help transition you into your higher self. Do not be afraid. You cannot change what you don’t measure.
That said, here are 10 beliefs that are helping me and can help you regain your strength and restore your faith when life has you in a headlock:
- Believe that you have a higher purpose and that you’re right where you are supposed to be. This may not always make sense to you however everything is meaningful, nothing is coincidental. So everything from the good breaks down to the closed doors, the disappointments, the betrayals- that is all a part of the God's plan. It may not always seem fair either but you can trust that God wouldn't have allowed it to happen if it wasn't going to work for your good at some point in your timeline.
- Believe that the negative circumstances you are experiencing and the people who are against you are pawns in the hands of the God. The enemy will think that he is using them to hold you back when the truth is the God is using them to push you forward. There is no reason for you to be frustrated or bitter because without that happening you couldn't fulfill your purpose.
- Believe that you can't reach your destiny without opposition, criticism and things you don't understand. Trust that on the other other side of the difficulty is a new level of your destiny. If you will keep the right attitude, all things will work for your good.
- Believe that your thoughts will always try to convince you that things are never going to work out in your favor. Don't believe those LIES! God is strategic things are in motion right now that you cannot see. Behind the scenes the Universe is moving the wrong people out of the way and lining up the right people, arranging things in your favor.
- Believe that what you want is in the process of coming together. Again, nothing is random. That delay you experienced was on purpose. The person that turned on you wasn't supposed to be for you. Learn to trust the process. Everything will work in your favor when you do your part.
- Believe in consistently doing the right thing even when you don’t understand why you should. Stay in faith, even when people betray you. Don’t let anyone or anything have so much power over your emotions that it gets you out of character. Always do the right thing even when the wrong thing is happening because your time is coming.
Remember you have to continuously filter your negative thoughts and move towards a positive energy space to attract what you want. Getting out of character and into a negative energy state will delay your blessings. You have to be so convinced that the Universe has your back, that you don't fall apart when life is against you. Understand that Source didn't bring you this far to leave you hanging and that being for you is more than the world being against you.
- Believe that God knew everything the enemy would try to do in your life. Trust that every roadblock has already been taken that into consideration and it is meant to move you into your destiny.
- Believe that sometimes you will make mistakes and bring the trouble on yourself. Sometimes we get off course and do things we probably shouldn't do. The beauty of this is that God designed your plan knowing the mistakes you would make. It’s taken into account the times you would fail. Have faith that there is a higher plan in place designed to restore you and get you back on course. The results will come.
- Believe that life isn't always fair. Whether you've lost your job, worked so hard at something only to fail, are fighting an illness; whatever it is, this is when you have to rely on your faith the most. You have to say “God, I don't understand what’s going on but I trust you. I know that you got me. I know you are in control. You wouldn't have allowed this to happen if this wasn't going to work for me.”
- Believe that your thoughts create an energy that either works for you or against you.
There is no benefit in getting discouraged when life doesn't make sense and you aren’t getting what you want right now. Regardless of whatever highs and lows you are experiencing, you have to keep your thought energy in alignment to the same frequencies of the good things you desire in life in order to physically manifest those things.
To do this, you have to constantly be aware of how you are feeling emotionally, identify which thoughts are causing these feelings, replace those thoughts with positive ones and determine which actions you can take to overcome this.
Let me know if the writing activity was helpful. What are some beliefs that you need to change? What new actions will you take to help strengthen your beliefs? Share your thoughts below.